Clear aligners are trending currently owing to their superior aesthetics, excellent treatment outcomes, and enhanced patient satisfaction. These have replaced unsightly metal braces yet offer the same effective results. Among the many clear aligners, Invisalign is the oldest and the best-known product.
The family dentist in Denver offers state-of-the-art Invisalign aligners to correct several dental imperfections.
What is Invisalign? When do dentists recommend them?
Invisalign is a brand name for clear aligners that are thin, transparent trays used in orthodontic treatment. It is made from a flexible thermoplastic material with appropriate tensile strength that can offer good tooth movement in addition to being highly durable. These trays offer gentle yet firm force to encourage tooth movement to correct your dental flaws.
Invisalign is most often recommended for mild to moderate dental imperfections such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Unwanted space between the teeth (diastema)
Why is Invisalign superior to metal braces?
If you want to know why Invisalign is superior to metal braces and what makes people choose it, then read its benefits:
- They are less visible than metal brackets and wires
- They can be physically removed from your mouth when required
- Since they are easily removable, you can brush and floss your teeth conveniently
- Minimal irritation to the surrounding structures like gums and cheeks; thus, they are almost painless with minimal discomfort
- There are no diet restrictions since they can be removed while eating
How is Invisalign fabricated?
- The treatment usually begins with a thorough examination of the oral cavity and possible orthodontic problems being suffered.
- Your dentist will then take an impression of your mouth to fabricate the clear aligners. These are usually in the form of clear trays that need to be worn over your teeth.
- You are required to wear the aligners for 22 to 24 hours, which means you can safely sleep with the aligners in your mouth!
- The length of your treatment usually depends on your individual malalignment issue and your age, but may take around 10 to 24 months.
- Your dentist will give you all the instructions and precautions to be followed for successful treatment.
How to care for your Invisalign aligners?
You are expected to follow proper oral hygiene to ensure a successful treatment. Some common tips to keep in mind include:
- Remove your aligners while brushing and eating
- Clean your aligner trays with unscented antibacterial soap with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Always store them in their case when removed to prevent losing them
You do not have to feel shy or embarrassed with the idea of wearing braces. Invisalign offers revolutionary technology that comes with superior aesthetics in addition to excellent strength and durability. Together, you can rejuvenate your smile and facial aesthetics.